Japan Visa Requirements
IMPORTANT NOTES ON DOCUMENT SUBMISSION
| 1. Original Passport
Holder’s signature required. Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed, must have at least two (2) blank visa pages, and must be valid for at least 6 months.
2. Visa Application Form
Forms must be printed in A4 size paper. Application form should be filled out correctly. If item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A]. Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature or no date in the form, or with erasures; may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly or wrong information.
3. Recent ID Picture
4.5cm long x 3.5cm wide, with white background.
Photo must be taken within 6 months. Please write applicant’s name and birthdate on back side of the photo. Photo must be pasted on the application form.
| (A) For package tour accompanied by tour guide through all the travel
[Documents prepared by Travel Agency in Japan]
1. Certificate for Completion of Registration to the ERFS System (Photocopy)
2. Resume / Overview of the tour
3. List of Participants
4. Itinerary / Daily Schedule of the tour
5. Tour Guide’s Employment Certificate and Contact Information
6. Contact information of Travel Agency
(B) For package tour without tour guide (or partially accompanied by tour guide)
[Documents prepared by applicant/guarantor]
| [If Applicant 's nationality is not Filipino]
Foreign residents with long-term or permanent status in the Philippines applying for a visa must submit, in addition to the above requirements, a copy of their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Philippine government.
Visa application of foreigners who are on short-term (temporary) visa in the Philippines cannot be accepted. Please apply at the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General with jurisdiction over the area in which the applicant resides or over the country of which the applicant’s passport was issued.
1. Submission of Financial Documents stated above are exempted for those who holds a valid multiple-entry visa (which is currently suspended at this time). However, please be advised that cancellation of multiple-entry visa is required upon application for new visa.
2. Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If document is other size, please submit copy that is already adjusted in A4 size from its original and without staples or pasting pages.
3. It is applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she meet the requirements for the grant of a visa. Submission of any supporting documents not listed above is encouraged (e.g. applicant’s economic or social ties with the Philippines, etc.).
4. Submission of requirements does not guarantee issuance of visa.
5. If document submitted for application is verified by Embassy or Consular Office as fake or tampered, visa is not issued.
6. Documents submitted for application will not be returned.
7. Applicants are given three (3) months to submit additional requirements requested by the Japan Embassy. Otherwise application will be terminated.
8. Reason for the denial of visa will not be disclosed even if an inquiry is made. At the same time, if a visa application is denied, applicant may only re-apply for the same purpose after (6) months.